For more information on how to upgrade your Mambo Platform, please see the Upgrade Guide.
- New Look & Feel: the administration panel has gone through a considerable face-lift to make it more modern and user friendly. It also allows us to add new functionality and extend it's navigation easily.
- Simulator: we have added a full blown simulator to our administration panel. You can now see all of the widgets live and customise their settings. With the new simulator you can quickly configure your widgets even without a technical background and with a button click your developers can get access to the code ready to be added to the page where you want the widgets displayed. With the ability to create activities directly from the administration panel you can also test what your users will see once your strategy is live!
- Reject Activity: added the ability to reject activities directly from the activities table on the user details page.
- Create Activities: activities can be created manually from the user details page or the simulator page.
- Open in New Tab / Window: the primary navigation menu now allows you to open links in new tabs or windows of the browser.
- Gift Rewards: we've added a new type of reward specifically for gifting and updated the Activity API to allow rewards to be gifted between users. Together with the new reward, we've also added the necessary widget to allow you to get started quickly with gifting!
- Reward Criteria OR Conditions: the achievements, levels and missions allow you to specify if all the criteria associated to them need to be met or whether it is sufficient to complete X out of Y criteria.
- Tags Filtering with AND: filtering API results by tags was always done by joining the tags using an OR condition. This means the filtering was checking whether any 1 of the tags supplied was available. You can now filter using an AND condition, this means that the filtering will check that ALL the tags supplied are present on an object to consider it a match.
- Automagic Database Upgrades: no more database update scripts! We have automated the process of database upgrades. You no longer need to apply patches to the database as this will be done automatically for you when the server is started. With this update we have also changed the way our scripts work and you can now perform Blue-Green Deployments.
- Custom Fields for Behaviours and Rewards: custom fields can now be added to behaviours and rewards in order to specify custom metadata.
- Reject Behaviour Activities: improved the reject functionality of the Activities API to allow behaviour based activities to be rejected and the associated rewards to be reversed if applicable. Also extended the reject functionality to validate whether the reject would cause the user to lose any particular reward, if it does, then the reward is reversed, otherwise the user gets to keep the reward. This applies to all types of activities.
- Behaviour Message: added to the behaviour the ability to specify a success / congratulation message like the ones found in the rewards. These are displayed to the users in the notification widgets.
- Activity Reason: the bounty, gift and point activities already had a reason field which allowed you to specify the reason behind the activity. This has now been added to all types of activities.
- Custom Field APIs: enhanced the custom fields to allow individual entries to be added, updated or removed from users, behaviours and rewards.
- Activities API: fixed an issue which was causing the filtering of activities to not take place unless the activities were requested with personalization enabled.
- Reset User: fixed an issue caused by a library upgrade which was causing the reset user functionality to reset the user partially and leave some data behind.
- Expiring Achievements: fixed an issue which was causing behaviours which were not tracked with an OK status (i.e. with non-tracked statuses such as FrequencyException) to be counted towards unlocking expiring achievements.
- Reward Changes: when a user had unlocked a reward and the criteria needed to unlock it were altered (e.g. adding a new behaviour to an achievement), the reward would still appear as unlocked. This will now validate that the user still meets the criteria, if they don't then the reward will become locked again.
- Incorrect Image / Badge URL: when storing images in MongoDB, if the URL contained a non-existant image, the API would return a 500 error. This now returns a graceful error message which helps troubleshoot.
- Gifting Widget: added a new gifting widget which allows users to give each other gifts. Gifts can be in the form of points and / or gift rewards.
- Earn Points Widget: fixed an issue caused by behaviours with no prizes that was stopping the widget from loading correctly.