For more information on how to upgrade your Mambo Platform, please see the Upgrade Guide.
- New Documentation: the documentation has been completely rewritten from the ground up. It is no longer embedded in the administration panel but rather sits in it's own page. The documentation is now a single page with easy navigation. All API points are still fully documented with SDK code samples with the addition that you can now try the API directly from the documentation!
- Behaviour select boxes: the entries in the behaviour select boxes used through out the administration panel now show the type of behaviour. (S) is used for simple and (F) is used for flexible.
- Allow negative points for behaviours: fixed an issue which was incorrectly validating negative points in behaviours and therefore not allowing the behaviours to be created.
- Multi-language support for the Game Mechanics: the game mechanics can now be translated into different languages and retrieved through the APIs using the preferred language. The behaviours, coupons, leaderboards, points, rewards and tags can all be translated into different languages.
- Flexible Behaviour Metadata Rule Builder: we have upgraded the flexible behaviour's metadata matching criteria to be a full fledged rule engine! The rules used to match the metadata can now be built with different operators such as: 1) Number operators: greater than, less than, equal, etc; 2) Text operators: contains, endsWith, etc; 3) Date operators: before, after, before or on, etc. The rules can then be joined together using ANY / ALL operators.
- Behaviour rate limiting a.k.a. magnetic cap: the count limit of the flexible behaviour has been improved and added to the simple behaviour. You can now limit repetitions of behaviours within specific time frames, for example, "Can login 1 time every 1 day", or "Can comment 5 times on Monday, Wednesday and Friday", and many more variations.
- Export data as JSON or XML: the data for the configuration as well as activities and other user information can now be exported as JSON or XML files. These can be useful for reporting.
- Clone all game mechanics: all game mechanics can now be cloned. We have also updated the administration panel to allow you to clone directly from there.
- Swagger API definition: the API now generates a Swagger spec which you can use to create SDKs in multiple different languages automagically. To find out more about Swagger visit the site.
- Override the CreatedOn date of an Activity: when creating an activity you can now provide your own created on date. This is particularly useful when creating activities in batches as it allows you to maintain the correct created on time which will allow the time constrained rewards to be awarded correctly.
- Removed Expiration and added Recurrence: we've migrated expiration over to recurrence and added a wider variety of recurrence options, for example, every quarter, every Monday, Tuesday, Friday of every other week, and many more.
- MongoDB username and password: the connection between Mambo and MongoDB can now use the different MongoDB authentication methods.
- Upgraded to Java 1.8: we made our move to Java 1.8 to ensure we are running on the latest stack which provides many new enhancements and allows us to be more productive. Java 1.8 also carries performance enhancements of it's own which in turn make the platform run faster at the expense of a simple upgrade.
- Disable caching: caching can now be completely disabled. This is not for production uses but rather when creating a staging or development environment.
- Installed Platform Version Number: the currently installed version number can now be found in the mambo.properties file.
- Reward, behaviour and leaderboard attributes: fixed an issue which was causing the type of an attribute to be sent twice in the JSON response. This was causing certain BI JSON readers to consider the document invalid JSON.
- Activities widget: the activities widget has been revamped to align with our new Mambo 2.0 widget designs. Slower paced, bigger profile images and more space makes the activity widget more engaging and easier to follow. The widget is mobile responsive.
- How do I earn points widget: the widget has been aligned with the new Mambo 2.0 widget designs. The new design is mobile responsive and much slicker!