For more information on how to upgrade your Mambo Platform, please see the Upgrade Guide.
- Analytics Charts to CSV: the data backing the analytics charts can now be exported to CSV directly from the analytics dashboard.
- Fonts: the fonts used by the administration panel have been upgraded to include the full latin and cyrilic spectrum of characters.
- Switching Language with Existing Mechanics: when there were existing game mechanics defined in the administration panel and the default language was changed, the existing mechanics would show blank values in the data tables and in the game mechanic editing screens. This would also cause updates to fail as the languages were incorrectly rendered in the UI.
- Stacked Charts Disappear: using the stacked chart in the analytics dashboard and then reloading the page would cause the chart to change back to the default line chart.
- Disable Analytics Dashboard Edit: disabling the dashboard editing would leave the drag & drop icons in the dashboard widgets rather than hiding them.
- Key Performance Indicators (KPIs): we've added the ability to set and track KPIs directly from the Mambo platform. Define your KPIs, set targets for individuals or groups, define RAG status and reward people for progressing, hitting or exceeding their objectives. Use KPIs to clearly communicate expectations and progress to your employees.
- Activity to Set Points: a specific point value can now be set for a user rather than relying on incrementing or decrementing points only.
- ELK / Splunk Logging: we've added support for logging directly to ELK and Splunk.
- Kubernetes Cache Support: added support for ditributed caching using Kubernetes.
- Data Model / Dictionary: added a new section to the documentation explaining in detail the data models and provided a data dictionary.
- Reverse Order Leaderboards: bigger isn't always better, for example, technical debt, ratio of bugs per lines of code, average holding time of calls, and more. For these cases we added the ability to order your leaderboards from smallest to biggest.
- Optional Point Units of Measure: units of measure are no longer compulsory for points.
- Leaderboard Regeneration Optimised: large numbers of activities and tags where causing the leaderboard regeneration process to be slow, so we optimised the algorithm to make things quicker.
- User Tags in Activities: a new field has been added to the activities which copies in the user's tags. This allows us to filter our activities by specific user tags.
- User Gender and Birthday: these fields are no longer compulsory.
- Hide Point in Widget: we've added the ability to hide the points in the summary views of the widgets. This allows us to create points which exist only as part of a game mechanic.
- Point Prefix and Postfix: ability to add a prefix / postfix to the points. This can be used to add, for example a $ prefix or a % postfix.
- Export Analytics / Data Stores: added support for exporting the analytics and data store information.
- SVG Images: added support for SVG images.
- Async Logging: added asynchronous logging to allow for high throughput logging to take place in production environments.
- Clustered Sessions: we've added clustered sessions so that the platform can be deployed in virtual and load balanced environments without the need for sticky sessions.
- Upgrade Patches: our upgrade patches were occasionally relying on internal data structures which didn't make them as backwards compatible as we'd like. We've updated the upgrade engine to be completely independent of the platform models.
- Updating Users and Leaderboards: updating a user via the administration panel would cause them to be removed from the leaderboards even if no changes were made to the user's information.
- Non-OK Behaviour Points: points coming from non-OK status behaviours were getting added to the activity points list. Only OK behaviour points are being added now.
- Contextual Leaderboards: in the contextual leaderboard, positions after the current users were appearing in the wrong order.
- Concurrent Leaderboard Regenerates: requesting that a leaderboard regenerate when it was already in the process of regenerating would cause the process to take incredibly long and would result in incorrect leaderboards.
- Regenerate Leaderboard Points: regenerating a leaderboard would count points which were coming from non-OK behaviours.
- Reject Activity Removed Last Level and Reward: when an activity was rolled back and it caused the last level or reward to be removed, those would not be replaced by anything. Now the previously unlocked level and reward will replace the void.
- No-Tag Users and Personalisation: when a user had no tags, then the personalisation tag filters would not be applied correctly.
- Multi-tenant Leaderboard Ranking: the job used to rank the leaderboards on multi tenanted environments was executing only for the first tenant.
- Analytics Cumulative Points: the cumulative points report generation was throwing an exception if no points had been previously counted. This would cause the cumulative points report to look like the daily reports.
- Behaviour Hints: the "How do I earn Points?" widget has been enhanced to show a clear icon where further information is available for the behaviour.
- jQuery Location: we've enhanced the widgets library that do not come bundled with jQuery to look for jQuery in different places.
- Fonts: the fonts used by the widgets have been upgraded to include the full latin and cyrilic spectrum of characters.
- Image Sizes: added the ability to customise the size of the user's picture in the profile widget and the size of the badges in the profile widget.
- Notification Type: added the cause of the notification to the popups. You can now see whether it is a behaviour, reward or KPI notification.
- Gifting without Points or Gifts: the gifting widget was not allowing gifts to be sent unless both points and gifts were enabled.
- Multiple Activities on One Page: using multiple activity streams on the same page was causing them to not render correctly.
- Rewards Triggered by Gifts Not Shown: when a user is given a gift which in turn causes other rewards to be unlocked, the notifications would not show the additional rewards but instead would show only the gift.